Local #28 was chartered on December 3, 1901. Since our humbled beginnings we have worked on everything from jails, bridges, banks, government buildings, and more! Our jurisdiction, as part of the Mid-Atlantic States District Council, started out covering a small portion of central Virginia. The boundaries were, Charlottesville in the west to almost Williamsburg in the east, and Fredericksburg in the north to the VA/NC border in the south. This all changed in 2010 when Local #28 was merged with Local #697 in Roanoke. Our jurisdiction now covers 5 counties on the eastern border of West Virginia in the west. The border did not change to the east, nor did the northern and southern borders. We are dedicated to providing our contractors with the most highly skilled and safest workforce in the region! We have worked on several major projects over the years that included the “Pocahontas Parkway Bridge” over the James River, the “Flood Wall” in Downtown Richmond, the current “City Hall of Richmond”, the architectural work on the “Gateway Plaza”, and the “Children’s Hospital Pavilion at VCU”. With several new projects in the works, we are excited to see what the future holds!
You can also keep up with us on Facebook Click Here!